The original article can be found by following this link.
October 24, 2019 Update:
The LED Streetlight Conversion is nearing completion. Affinity LED is working to install the remaining fixtures this week and will wrap up the installation by next week.
The Town of Kittery will be hosting an event to celebrate the project on November 2, 2019 at 4:30 PM at John Paul Jones Park. The public is invited to join the celebration to commemorate this exciting project.
September 17, 2019 Update:
Affinity LED Light has been working with the state electrical inspector in preparation for the LED Street Light Conversion project and they ready to begin the installation of the LED fixtures. Installation of the LED fixtures throughout the Town of Kittery, is expected to begin by September 30, 2019, and take approximately 3 weeks to complete.
The Town of Kittery will soon begin the installation of new Light Emitting Diode (LED) street lights. Affinity LED Light was awarded the project and will be converting approximately 640 street light fixtures to LED.
LED lights have a wide range of benefits, including:
- Energy Efficiency: LED lights can reduce electricity consumption for street lighting by 75%.
- Better Lighting: LED lighting allows people to see colors more clearly, which makes it easier to recognize people and objects on the streets and sidewalks.
- Reducing Glare: It is easy to aim LEDs to shine light where it should be and to avoid shining it where it is unwanted.
- Longer Lifespan: LED lighting has an extremely long life which reduces overall maintenance costs.
With the installation of the LED streetlights, the Town of Kittery will also benefit from a reduction in costs and CO2 emissions:
- Annual cost savings of $92,771
- Annual energy savings of 196,318 (kwh)
The Town of Kittery is excited to be implementing this eco-focused initiative.
If you have any questions about the project, please contact Town Manager, Kendra Amaral at 207-475-1329 or [email protected].